University Studies Program (USP)
Name for Proposed General Education Program
- To communicate the magnitude of this change for our academic community, many possible names for the proposed program have been considered.
- Ultimately, the etymology of the word university was compelling to the reform team. "University" means both "combined in one" or "whole" and a "community of scholars."
- "University Studies" is envisioned as a cohesive liberal education program that builds a vibrant community connecting teachers and learners across campus.
University Studies Program Proposal Website
To view the following components of the program proposal, visit uwosh.edu/usp.
- Proposal At-a-Glance
- Program Description
- Credit Overview
- Comparison Chart: Current Requirements & Proposed Program
- Assessment Plan
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Faculty/Staff Survey
- Essential Learning Outcomes
- QUEST Parameters
- Higher Learning Commission Recommendations
- High-Impact Practices
- Summer/Fall 2011 General Education Reform Team
University Studies Program Proposal Survey
To provide input regarding the USP proposal, watch your inbox later today for an email from the Faculty Senate. In that correspondence, you will find a link to the USP proposal survey!
|Questions or Comments?
Please send them to Lori Carrell, CETL Director and General Education Reform Facilitator, at email@example.com.