University Studies Program Proposal Approved by Faculty Senate
Following years of work by hundreds of members of our campus community, the UW Oshkosh Faculty Senate approved the University Studies Program proposal on Tuesday afternoon, March 13, 2012.
With the goals of advancing liberal education and enhancing student learning, this complex general education reform process has required scholarly inquiry, flexibility, openness, innovation, multidisciplinary dialogue, and trust.
Congratulations, UW Oshkosh.
Immediate Next Steps
Department/Program Course Identification
- In the next few weeks, departments and programs will have the opportunity to identify potential courses for the University Studies Program. More information will be coming soon.
- If your department or program would like assistance with the preliminary course identification process, help will be available.
Quest I Professional Development
- A professional development opportunity to support new course construction or current course modification for Quest I will occur May 22-24. More information regarding the agenda, registration, and stipends will be available soon.
- The University Studies Program will begin for first-year, first-time students in Fall 2013.
- The University Studies Program website is undergoing many updates and additions.
- Professional development to support all aspects of the USP will be provided.
- The final version of the proposal is available on the USP website.
|Questions or Comments?
Please send them to Lori Carrell, CETL Director and General Education Reform Facilitator, at email@example.com.