General Education Reformers:
Invited to Celebrate
Monday April 2, 2012, from 3 to 4 p.m. in Reeve 306
All contributors to the reform of general education at UW Oshkosh are invited to attend a reception celebrating the passage of the University Studies Program proposal.
Did you serve on the Liberal Education Reform Team (LERT), the Faculty Senate, APGES, APC, the CETL Leadership team, a summer 2011 working team, the general education reform leadership team, or in any other capacity that contributed to this collaborative effort? Then please join the Chancellor, Provost, and your colleagues for a celebration as our campus community moves from envisioning to implementing.
University Studies Program Preliminary Course Identification: April 12
The time has come for preliminary course identification into the new University Studies Program! As each department completes this first creative step in the implementation process, the new USP curriculum will begin to emerge. Thank you for the time you are spending in decision-making dialogue with your colleagues.
- Together, we will construct a set of courses that will comprise the initial USP curriculum.
- For information regarding Quest course parameters, please visit the expanding USP website.
- Each chair and program director will need to complete the online form for "preliminary course identification" by April 12.
- Following the collective examination of identified courses, your department/program may be asked to reconsider options (e.g., fewer QUEST III Sustainability courses may be needed).
- This preliminary course identification does not replace formal curricular review.
- Professional development for USP courses will be provided. Potential Quest I instructors can register for May 22-24 stipend-supported professional development now.
For assistance, please use the following contact information: