Commemorative Poster: Please Sign
If you contributed to the reform of general education in any way between 2007 and 2012 but were unable to attend yesterday's celebration, your signature is still needed on a commemorative poster. The poster is available for signing in the Pollock Alumni House today through Friday, April 6th. Please stop in and sign the poster prior to its framing and display. Thank you!
Preliminary Course Identification: Due by 4/12
The preliminary course identification for the new University Studies Program is in progress. As members of each department/program engage in dialogue regarding future participation in general education, questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Faculty Senate USP Committee
The Faculty Senate has approved a governance committee to replace the current APGES (Academic Policies General Education Subcommittee). This Faculty Senate University Studies Committee will have the same charge as APGES and will be comprised of the following:
- Seven faculty appointed by the Faculty Senate (to ensure that all three professional colleges and the four divisions of COLS are represented)
- Chair, Faculty Senate Assessment Committee (Faculty Senate Appointee)
- Director, University Studies Program
- OSA Representative (student)
- Academic Staff Representative (SAS appointee)
- Director, First-Year Experience
- Provost's Administrative Representative
USP Advisory Council
The Faculty Senate also approved an Advisory Council for the program, providing the following charge:
Administrative coordination, practical implementation, and policy proposal responsibilities. The Council will report at least once every semester on the progress of the University Studies Program. It will assess the success of the USP every five years.
For assistance, please use the following contact information: