Implementation Moves Forward
- Department/program dialogues lead to preliminary identification of disciplinary courses to be modified or created for Quest I: DONE!
- Instructors who will teach Quest I disciplinary courses, Communication 111, or Writing Based Inquiry Seminars register for Quest I Faculty College (May 22-24) if they are available. DONE!
- Multidisciplinary team prepares Quest I Faculty College. (IN PROGRESS!)
Still Time to Identify Courses for the USP
- The USP preliminary curriculum is not complete. Does your department/program have an additional course that could fit into Quest I with a Sustainability Signature Question, Quest II (especially in the sciences), or Quest III?
- Some departments may have been hesitant to identify or develop courses for the Quest given concerns related to enrollment, pre-requisites, course level, resources, or Signature Question expectations. We welcome your questions regarding potential courses via email: email@example.com.
Quest I Instructors' Next Steps
- May 22-24: Instructors participate in stipend-supported Quest I Faculty College.
- June 11: Alternative professional development session for instructors who cannot attend May Faculty College and who will be creating a new Quest I disciplinary course. More information to come.
- June 1-July15: Instructors submit draft syllabi for feedback regarding integration of First Year Experience and Signature Question content.
- August 3: Instructors complete syllabi and curricular modification forms for department/program (instructions, forms, and support will be provided).
Recommended Review Process for New Course Proposals for Quest I
- August 3: Department chairs/program directors submit paperwork for NEW courses to Divisions.
August 4-16: Divisions review proposals electronically, meeting face-to-face as needed.
- August 17-30: College Curriculum Committees review proposals electronically, meeting face-to-face as needed.
- September/October: Faculty Senate USP Committee (replacing APGES) Review; Faculty Senate Review; Provost's Office Review; PeopleSoft Entry of Approved Courses.
Current courses that are being modified slightly or used "as is" for the USP will use a different process – details to come.
For assistance, please use the following contact information: